- Contractile vacuole, which function in maintaining osmotic pressure of cytoplasm and
- Non-contractile vacuole which function in digesting food (food vacuole).
Plant cell has large size of middle vacuole and is surrounded by tonoplast membrane .
Which has several function as follows.
- Establishing cell turgor.
- Containing antocyanin pigmen.
- Containing hydrolytic enzyme that can perform as lysosome when the cell is still alive.
- Becoming a storage site of metabolism waste, e.g calsium oxalate crystal, alkaloid, amd tannin. In particular plant species, it becomes a strorage site for latex (secret). Special cell having vacuole for storing latex is called laticifer.
- As food storage for cytoplasm. E..g surcrose and dissolved mineral salt.