- There are two types of plant tissue, namely simple tissue and complex tissue. Plant is composed of three tissue systems which are dermal tissue system, ground tissue system, and vascular tissue system.
- All the plant tissues are derived from meristem. The types of primary meristem that forms permanent tissue of plant are protoderm, ground meristem, and procambium.
- The main tissue of plant are (a) epidermis, which is able to differentiate into cell and epidermal hair; (b) cortex, which consist of collenchymas (fibers and sclereids, and parenchyma) and phloem (fibers, sieve, tube, companion, cell, and parenchyma); (d) pith, whose part consist of parenchyma and sometimes sclereid; (e) pith rays, which consist of parenchyma cells.
- Cell has an ability to develop into complete plant in appropriate nutrient and growth environment. The theory is known as totipotency theory which becomes the basic of tissue culture.
- 5. The function of main tissue of plant: (a) epidermis, protecting the underlying cell; (b) phloem, conducting food; (c) xylem, conducting water and mineral salt and strengthening the stem; (d) vascular cambium, forming secondary phloem and xylem; (e) cortex, food storage, support, and protection; (f) pith, storing food and conducting water, mineral salt, and food radially.
- Multicellular animal body is composed of four ground tissues, namely ephithelium, connective, muscle, and nerve.
- Based on the cell, epithelium is distinguished into squamous ephithelium (pavement), cuboidal, and cylinder ( columnar ). The epithelium is arranged in one or several layers.
- Ephithelium is necessary to cover and protect the underlying tissue, for absorption, and produce gland.
- Muscle tissue consists of striated cells (skeletal and cardiac muscle ), involuntary movement (smooth and heart muscle) or voluntary movement (skeletal muscle). Smooth muscle plays the role in voluntary organ movement in the body (except for heart), skeletal muscle attaches on skeleton as an active movement organ, and cardiac muscle makes the heart contract.
- Nerves are composed of neurons. Neurons consist of dendrite, cell body, and axon.
- Multicellular animal has four types of connective, namely connective tissue, skeleton, blood, and lymph. The connective tissue has loosely packed tissue and the fibrous connective tissue having collagen-containing matrix, elastic connective tissue containing elastic fibers; and adipose containing fat-containing cell. In skeletal tissue, both of the bones and cartilage store the cell (osteocyte) in lacuna. Matrix inside the cartilage is more flexible than the one inside the bone.
Rabu, 17 Oktober 2012
Tagged Under: Plant And Animal Tissue
2012 Summary Of Plant And Animal Tissues
Summary OF Plant And Animal Tissues